- We recommend scheduling spa services in advance to ensure desired times and treatments. We accommodate last minute reservations when possible with a minimum two-hour notice required, and four hours for jacuzzi.
- Reservations for spa services must be guaranteed by payment in full at Pisac Inn at time of making reservation.
- Special requests will be attended with prior arrangements when possible, and may require additional fees.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in, and to shower before your treatment. Please remember, we open the door ten minutes before each appointment, so if you arrive more than ten-minutes early we will be attending another guest, or preparing for your treatment.
- Late arrivals will result in a shortened spa experience, as your treatment will conclude at the scheduled time to respect following reservations.
- Unucha Spa does not attend on certain holidays and special Andean celebrations.
- We attend strictly on a reservation basis, and only open when we have a reservation; no one is at Unucha Spa to attend unless an appointment has been made at Pisac Inn.
- Please understand that each treatment requires several hours of preparation from collecting the plants, to heating the water, and getting the space ready.
- Please bring drinking water, bathing suit for herbal bath, sauna and jacuzzi (not required), and something warm to wear for after the treatment. Please do not bring valuables.
- It is a twenty-minute walk from Pisac, a five-minute motor taxi drive, or a three-minute taxi drive.
- Pisac Inn can assist making transportation arrangements; cost not included.
- It is a red door in the rock wall on the main plaza at the motor taxi drop off; there is no sign and no bell.
- The door will be opened ten minutes before your scheduled appointment; Unucha Spa only opens and attends on a reservation basis, which means there is no one available to attend if a reservation has not been made.
Helpful Hints for Unucha Spa
Scheduling Spa Services
Please make reservations at Pisac Inn in person, by phone or by email.
10 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday
Special exceptions are possible with prior arrangement and extra cost
Cancellations & Changes
There will be a 30% charge for cancellations or changes; no shows 100% charge.
Gratuities are not included in the price of treatments and are gratefully received to acknowledge good service. The typical range is 15-20% of the price of the treatment(s) and may be made in cash at Unucha Spa.
What to bring
All guests will receive a robe, towel, and bath amenities to use during your stay, and a complimentary detox herbal tea.
Hot water and sudden temperature changes can be stressful to your body. If you are pregnant or have chronic health problems, please consult your healthcare professional before your visit. The
consumption of alcoholic beverages may impair judgment and/or cause loss of consciousness and is strongly discouraged. Natural herbal water may discolor some jewelry and stain some fabrics. Unucha Spa will not be held responsible for injuries or loss of personal belongings.
How to find Unucha Spa
Unucha Spa is located five minutes from Pisac in the small town of Taray.
What makes Unucha Spa unique?
Here are few things we have thought of to help you better understand our distinct spa concept, and how to be prepared.
Unucha Spa is exclusive
Unucha offers a personalized and intimate space for each reservation. Reservations do not overlap, ensuring that each guest has exclusive use of the space. This affords privacy and security for each treatment offered at Unucha Spa.
We ask that you not bring guests that are not receiving a treatment, and remind you that once your treatment is over, we need to prepare the space for the next reservation, and in this way ensure that each guest receives the same exclusive, private experience./em>
Unucha Spa is natural
Unucha is an outdoor open-air spa, with spectacular views in a natural setting, providing a gentle space that allows one to connect to oneself and to nature. We use organic massage oil, and prepare each treatment with plants locally and sustainably harvested in the moment.
Please note that only the massage room and sauna are fully enclosed; we recommend bringing warm clothes fro after treatments.
Unucha Spa is enchanting
Unucha Spa is small and charming, providing a quality experience. Please understand that our facility can only accommodate a few reservations per day. We highly recommend making a reservation far in advance to assure that you are able to get a reservation. Oftentimes we are fully booked.
Part of the charm of being in a small town in the Andes comes with several factors that may prevent us from being able to take a reservation, and sometimes we may even have to cancel a reservation in the event of loss of electricity, problems with water systems, and any numbers of unforeseen events. We thank you for your understanding. We will always reimburse your money if we are unable to attend a confirmed reservation.
It is very common to experience stomach irregularities. The best way to avoid this is by drinking only bottled water, and avoiding fruit or vegetables that have not been peeled or properly cleaned when not eating in a nicer level restaurant. We suggest avoiding fried foods where the oil may be used over and over. Try to eat in places that provide clean meal preparation. Even if you are cautious it is common to have problems all the same. In this case, we can help you with herbal tea remedies of the area, or depending on your situation, help you seek medical help. Many visitors use Pepto-Bismol and bring a dose of Cipro just in case!
The tap water is not safe to drink in Peru. Bottled water is readily available for purchase. Don’t forget to use bottled water when brushing your teeth. In many places ice is not always made with boiled or bottled water. Order your beverages without ice (“sin hielo”). At Pisac Inn we use bottled water for ice, and we have a large container of bottled water that you can fill up your personal water bottle with for a small fee to help prevent so much trash from plastic bottles.