Esta página también está disponible en: Español
Tambomachay, Kenko, & Sacsayhuaman
Enjoy a leisurely 30-minute scenic drive to explore pre-Columbian archeological sites outside of Cusco including the sacred spring of Tambomachay, the lunar and solar observatories of Kenko, and megalithic astronomic calendar Sacsayhuaman. You will be captivated by Andean astronomy and sacred geometry, the foundation of Andean culture. Enjoy a prearranged picnic lunch at one of the sites, or have lunch in Pisac upon return.
- Duration: 5 – 7 hours
- Availability is limited; no daily schedule, not on a daily basis. Prior arrangements are absolutely required.
- Altitude: ranging from 9,700 ft. (town of Pisac) up to 12,400 ft. (at site)
- Description: High altitude walking requiring moderate physical exertion at ones own pace.
|Travellers||Private Service (per person)|
|1 traveller||$ 150|
|2 travellers||$ 85|
|3 travellers||$ 75|
|4 travellers||$ 65|
What is included:
- Professional English speaking Andean specialist guide
- Transportation in private vehicle
What is not included:
- Entrance fees – You will need to purchase the Boleto Turistico, upon entering the first site you visit. The Complete Ticket costs 130 soles per person (approx. $50), includes entrance to 16 various sites around Cusco and the Sacred Valley, and is valid for ten days. The Partial Ticket costs 70 soles per person (aprox $30), includes entrance to three sites, and is valid for two days. You must pay the Ministry of Culture in soles; they do not accept dollars and credit cards.
- Lunch is not included; you can order a picnic lunch from Cuchara de Palo restaurant for 30 soles (approx. $11) the night before, or return to Pisac for lunch at Cuchara de Palo.
Recommended: Wear comfortable clothes for high altitude, open-air hiking. Bring layers for drastic temperature changes; be prepared for extreme sun, cold and possible rain. Comfortable walking shoes are suggested; hiking boots are not necessary. Bring sunblock and sunhat, and plenty of drinking water in your daypack.