Esta página también está disponible en: Español
Hike to Pisac archeological site where the staggering agricultural terrace work is among the most extensive in the area following the shape of the mountainsides in entrancing concave and convex forms. Visit the astronomic and ceremonial area, which is widely acclaimed as some of the finest stonework, comparable to that of Machu Picchu. This expansive site provides magnificent vistas up and down the valley. Enjoy a breathtaking walk back down to Pisac, and have lunch at Cuchara de Palo restaurant. Spend the afternoon on your own exploring Pisac’s colorful Traditional Indian Market.
- Duration: 4 – 5 hours
- Availability is limited. Prior arrangements are absolutely required.
- Altitude: ranging from 9,700 ft. (town of Pisac) up to 11,000 ft. (at site)
- Description: High altitude hiking requiring moderate to strenuous physical exertion at ones own pace.
What is included:
- Professional Andean specialist guide in English
What is not included:
- Entrance fees – You will need to purchase the Boleto Turistico, upon entering the first site you visit. The Complete Ticket costs 130 soles per person (approx. $50), includes entrance to 16 various sites around Cusco and the Sacred Valley, and is valid for ten days. The Partial Ticket costs 70 soles per person (aprox $30), includes entrance to three sites, and is valid for two days. You must pay the Ministry of Culture in soles; they do not accept dollars and credit cards.
- Transportation (not included, but can be arranged if required – round trip or one way)
Recommended: Wear comfortable clothes for high altitude, open-air hiking. Bring layers for temperature changes; be prepared for extreme sun, cold and possible rain. Comfortable walking shoes are suggested; hiking boots are not necessary. Bring sunblock and sunhat, and plenty of drinking water in your daypack.